Isaac Newton Fun FactsIsaac Newton (1642-1727) was without a doubt one of the most important scientists of all time, if not the most important. Here are some fun facts about ol’ Ike:
- Newton became a professor of mathematics at only 26.
- Newton practiced Alchemy.
- Newton was elected as a member of parliment. His membership lasted only a year.
- Newton earned the title of Warden of the Royal Mint.
- Newton oversaw the recoinage of the whole country.
- Newton was knighted because of his political activites.
- He was named after his father who died three months before Isaac was born.
- Isaac was born early. He was so small he could have put him in a quart jug.
- Isaac’s father could hardly write his name.
- Isaac was one of the worst in his class until a bully at school kicked him. Isaac challenged him to a fight even though he was smaller. He won. That wasn’t enough for him, he decided to be better than the bully at school as well.
- Isaac liked to draw, his room was even colored on the ceilings and walls.
- Newton was born on Christmas.
Posted a little bit ago, he is also Neil DeGrasse Tyson’s favorite scientist! Because who doesn’t like a guy who creates a whole new math just to prove he’s right?